Thursday, December 15, 2016

Challenge Your Nail Art: Presents

Hello Readers!



For today's Challenge Your Nail Art prompt, "presents", I decided to go with kind of a toy theme to represent what you might find inside of a present, especially a child's present.


For this mani, I started off with my favorite navy blue polish, "Navy I Do" by Sinful Colors. This polish is a one-coater and I love how it stamps, too!
I used BMC "Jungle Mirage", which is a stamping polish, for most of my stamping here.

My inspiration for this mani came from this MoYou London dupe from Aliexpress, which has a kind of nutcracker theme but what really inspired me was all the sweet little toy images. I only used the little teddy bear from the plate, but it was where the idea started:

I thought my teddy bear needed a frame, so I used one of my favorite MoYou London plates to make it a little frame. I tend to use this plate more for the 3 frame images at the bottom than for the alphabet, although the alphabet is very fun and useful as well!

My bow also comes from a MoYou London plate, this time the adorable emoji themed plate. I was kind of surprised that this is one of only two bow images in my plate collection! Looking at the mani now, I realize I placed the bow too high on the ribbons (which I stamped with MoYou London Holy Shapes 05) and it looks a bit "off", but oh well.


Finally, my airplane and car images come from this Born Pretty Store plate, which features a lot of really fun and quirky images.


No comments:

Post a Comment