Sunday, December 18, 2016

Simple Sunday 12/18 ft. Bundle Monster Holiday Collection

Hello Readers!

Today I have a fun Christmas-y Simple Sunday with a new textured pink polish I picked up at Walgreen's this weekend! This is part of a new celebrity line, this time Kandee Johnson. This is a BEAUTIFUL line guys, full of candy colors, satin finishes, and some of these "sugar" finishes. I really wish I'd snapped a pic of the display while I was there now.


So this mani is fairly straightforward. I put a gold metallic polish (Sinful Colors "The Royal Me") on my middle two and the Kandee Johnson Sinful Colors "Pink Velvet" on my thumb/pointer/pinky. Then I created a decal from this Bundle Monster plate from the older holiday collection:


I just adore this ornament image. The lines are so dainty, it looks great as a decal or just stamped plain over the nail. To fill in my decal, I used NYC's Fuschia Shock Creme because it closely matched the textured polish in texture and I didn't want to try to fill it in with a textured polish! I also used the NYC polish to stamp the image from this plate onto my middle:


Now, this is a dupe plate from Aliexpress. The maker, UR Beautiful, usually does an excellent job on their plates but this plate is unfortunately an exception and I can't really recommend it. It's really hard to get a good pick-up. I tried several images several times with different scraping techniques and each image had terrible bald spots. Since I was only stamping half the image I remedied this by turning the image so the bald spots were off the nail. It's a shame, because I love the plate. Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet and buy the real thing from MoYou London next time I do an order. I'm saving up my spending money right now to get some of the new animal line that just came out- because it is adorable! 


No comments:

Post a Comment