Thursday, March 9, 2017

30 Days of Color: GOLDen Gate Bridge ft. MoYou London Scandi

Hello Readers!


Today's prompt is for the 30 Days of Color Challenge, for which this week's prompt is "gold". I've been itching to use the new MoYou London Scandi collection, and I realized that one of the images is the Golden Gate Bridge, which would work perfectly for the "gold" theme. So I decided to use gold as more of an accent color in this mani:


I paired it with the "Big Ben" image, to go along with the gold theme. I did some reverse stamping, for this mani on my stamper head instead of my silicone mat, because for some weird reason I just couldn't get these images to stamp onto the mat properly. I don't usually have that problem; my guess is it was due to the fine lines.


My un-used polishes here are the two Sinful Colors, which are part of the new "Stoned Crystal Shimmer" line. I only used two coats of each polish here; but I've heard a lot of people need at least 3 for these lighter polishes in this collection.


I only used one plate in this mani, which was the MoYou London Scandi plate 3. These Scandi plates are so stinkin cute! I love all the travel themed images on this one, and that it also comes with some basic, very versatile tiny patterns to play with.

Be sure to check out more "gold" themed manis in the link-up below!

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, these are fabulous! I love how your stamping came out, so crisp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I had to try several times to get it to come out clearly, but I think it was worth it. :)

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool mani for the gold prompt, I love seeing how you interpret ideas and then create these incredible manis!
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vicky! I think it is so much fun to participate in challenges because it's so interesting to see all the different ideas and interpretations.

      Delete
  3. Lovely colour combo and a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! i love that!
    http://czynnikipierwsze.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This mani is absolutely adorable! I love the color scheme together. Awesome job!!

    ReplyDelete