Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Butterfly Nails for Clairestelle8 ft. Sinful Colors Stoned Crystal Shimmer

Hello Readers!

Today's post is another one for the instagram collab #clairestelle8, and this time the prompt is "butterflies". I decided to go with one big butterfly so I could play with some of the beautiful new Sinful Colors polishes inside the wings.




 I love seeing the tiny specks of glitter inside of the wings, and the rich colors of these polishes.


So I actually used exclusively Sinful Colors polishes on this mani- not really on purpose. I just have a lot of these polishes. Actually, I picked up "Kashmere" at my Dollar Tree last week. My Dollar Tree has had a ton of the Kylie Jenner "Trend Matters" line lately, and they recently go a few new colors as well as a TON of the Revlon Parfumarie scented polishes. I saw a youtuber haul some of those from her Dollar Tree too, so if you are interested in them I would seriously suggest heading down there to see if you Dollar Tree has them! The Parfumarie polishes were on the cardboard cards instead of being loose.

My butterfly wings come from this Born Pretty plate. To get the mirror image, I simply kept one of the wings on my stamper head and stamped the other one onto my silicone mat before filling it in.

I also stamped some of these filigree images from this Bundle Monster plate, which was part of the "Secret Garden" collection. I stamped them in the gold over Kashmere, so it's subtle but I like the effect of it.

After I was all done I decided my mani needed some little gold studs, so I dug those out and stuck  them on just using topcoat. If you want them to last longer you can use nail glue, but I find the little studs always stay on just fine for me for several days just using topcoat under them and then painting over them with topcoat also.

If you would like to see more butterfly manis, check out the #clairestelle8march tag on instgram.

8 comments:

  1. This is great, so neatly done. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is gorgeous and that sinful colors polish is the perfect choice for butterfly nails, they're so whimsical.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I thought the jewel tones of those polishes reminded me of butterfly wings. They really are lovely shades!

      Delete
  3. This is so, so beautiful! I also really love the lighter nails between the butterfly, it really makes everything pop! Just stunning all round!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  4. Lovely! I actually looked at that Tealing Power Yesterday at the store! Its pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah, that teal polish is fabulous!

      Delete